- Antonyms of COUNTENANCE
disapprove, discourage, dissuade, hinder, obstruct, veto, agitation, alarm, anxiety, anxiousness, apprehension, apprehensiveness, baffle, care, concern, confound, counteract, denounce, deter, disallow, disapprove, discomposure, disconcert, discourage, disquiet, dissuade, disturbance, excitability, excitableness, expose, forbid, frustrate, hinder, impede, interdict, nervousness, obstruct, perturbation, prohibit, proscribe, solicitude, uneasiness, veto, worry.
- Examples of usage:
- He is never at a loss or put out of countenance - "Plays: Lady Frederick, The Explorer, A Man of Honor" by William Somerset Maugham
- Never before in his life had the white man seen age so plainly stamped on human countenance - "The Heritage of the Hills" by Arthur P. Hankins
- Say where can I wash my countenance - "The-Circus-Boys-on-the-Flying-Rings-or-Making-the-Start-in-the-Sawdust-Life" by Darlington, Edgar B. P.
- Top resources with antonyms for COUNTENANCE:
- The noun countenance means a face or a look or appearance. There are no direct antonyms for the noun, as close as you can come are faceless,. Antonyms 2 Level 11. Directions: Choose the word that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters. 1. DEARTH. A. countenance. Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "countenance" Spanish Central: Translation of "countenance" Nglish: Translation of "countenance" for Spanish ... 1 facial appearance regarded as an indication of mood or feeling <a pleasant countenance that puts visitors at ease> Synonyms cast, look, expression, face, ... Synonyms and antonyms for countenance. 1. countenance (n.) the appearance conveyed by a person's face. Synonyms: facial expression,; visage,; poker face, ...