- Antonyms of BARE
thick, adorned, clothed, covered, decorated, full, robed, filled, occupied, abounding, adorned, ample, appareled, ariled, arillate, arrayed, attired, awninged, baroque, beaded, bearded, bedecked, brimming, bulging, bursting, canopied, caparisoned, chock-full, clad, cloaked, clothed, complete, covered, crowded, crusted, crustlike, crusty, dabbled, decent, decked out, decked, decorated, draped, drenched, drenched in, dressed, dust-covered, dusty, elaborate, embellished, embroidered, encrusted, exaggerated, extravagant, fancy, fat, filled, flamboyant, flashy, florid, flush, fraught, full, furnished, garbed, garish, garnished, gaudy, glittery, hairy, hospitable, invested, jam-packed, jammed, loaded, loud, lurid, mantled, moon-splashed, moss-grown, mossy, mud-beplastered, muffled, occupied, ornamented, ornate, ostentatious, overdone, overflowing, overgrown, overrun, overspread, overwrought, packed, painted, plastered, replete, rife, rigged, robed, rococo, saturated, sealed, sheathed, showy, smothered, snow-clad, snow-covered, snowy, spattered, splashed, splashy, splattered, stuffed, suited, sun-drenched, swank, swarming, tawdry, teeming, thick, thickspread, tiled, trimmed, veiled, vested, white, wide, wrapped, Blanketed, Thronging, Tricked, peritrichous, Crammed, Provided, Supplied, bedizened, overdecorated, glitzy.
- Examples of usage:
- This convent was one belonging to the most rigid of all the monastic orders in Portugal and tales were told of the deeds done within its walls which make one shudder at their bare recital - "The Prime Minister" by W.H.G. Kingston
- Be the gude lady that me bare - "A Cursory History of Swearing" by Julian Sharman
- The bare hill top was steeped in sunshine - "A Northern Countryside" by Rosalind Richards
- Top resources with antonyms for BARE:
- While other Christian denominations use a bare cross ... ... Antonyms. Definitions. The Classroom »; School Subjects »; Why Does the Catholic Church Use a ... Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "bare" Spanish Central: Translation of "bare" Nglish: Translation of "bare" for Spanish speakers Britannica English: ... 1 being this and no more <impoverished people who can no longer afford the bare necessities> Synonyms mere, veryRelated Words absolute, all-out, arrant, ... bare: definition, pronunciation, and example sentences in Oxford ... North American informal bare-assed, buck naked ... [Antonyms] furnished, embellished. Synonyms and antonyms for bare. 1. bare (adj.) completely unclothed. Synonyms : naked,; au naturel,; nude,; unclothed. Antonyms: clothed. 2. bare (adj.).