- Antonyms of REPRESENTATIVE:
- nonrepresentative, unsymbolic, undemocratic, untypical, atypical, uncommon, unconventional, uncustomary, unusual, unwonted, distinctive, especial, exceptional, extraordinary, infrequent, noteworthy, rare, remarkable, singular, special, unexpected, unfamiliar, unique, unpredictable, eccentric, idiosyncratic, nonconformist, peculiar, unknown, unorthodox, curious, erratic, funky, funny, odd, oddball, offbeat, outlandish, quirky, screwy, strange, wacky, way-out, bizarre, fantastic, far-out, freak, freakish, kooky, out-of-the-way, outrageous, outré, unnatural, weird, wild, aberrant, abnormal, anomalous, deviant, irregular, nontypical, actual, literal, nonsymbolic.
- Examples of usage:
The President of the United States, for example, is the representative of a party; but he rules the nation only in part.
"The Government of England (Vol. I)",A. Lawrence Lowell.
Action is of two kinds,- representative and manifestative.
"Browning and the Dramatic Monologue",S. S. Curry.
At any rate, he is a representative man.
"The Religious Life of London",J. Ewing Ritchie.
- The President of the United States, for example, is the representative of a party; but he rules the nation only in part.
- Top resources with antonyms for REPRESENTATIVE:
- The United States legislature is divided into two chambers: the House of Representatives and the Senate. Senators are elected to six-year terms. Members of the ... Synonyms for “representative” | The official Collins English Thesaurus online. Over 1 million synonyms and antonyms with quotations and translations to other ... To double check that this is the correct word you can use the resources below to find the definition of representative, antonyms for representative, synonyms for ... Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "representative" Spanish Central: Translation of "representative" Nglish: Translation of "representative" for Spanish ... a person who acts or does business for another <the company dispatched three reps to the annual marketing fair> Synonyms assignee, attorney, commissary, ...
- bar, bolt, clasp, fasten, latch.