- Antonyms of HOPEFUL:
- hopeless, heartsick, insoluble, helpless, inauspicious, futureless, forlorn, lost, bleak, despondent, black, despairing, unhopeful, unfortunate, dim, desperate, abject, cheerless, comfortless, doubtful, dubious, uncertain, bearish, grim, negative, unfavorable, funereal, glum, gray, miserable, wretched, dark, depressing, discouraging, disheartening, dismal, downbeat, dreary, gloomy, pessimistic, unencouraging, unlikely, unpromising, unpropitious, unhappy, unlucky, calamitous, catastrophic, disastrous, fatal, ruinous, baleful, dire, direful, doomy, foreboding, ill, ill-boding, menacing, minatory, ominous, portentous, sinister, threatening.
- Misspellings for HOPEFUL:
- hekpfull, halpful, hopfually, hopfulli, hoprfully, hoperully, honorful, hopefuly, helfpul, halpfull, hopflyy, hpelful, hlepful, heplful, helppful, hoepfully, helfull, heloful, hopefyully, hopefuuly, hopfeully, jopefully, hopefull, hpefully, hompefully, hoprfuly, hopfuy, hopfull, hiopefully, hopesfully, hopefuully, hopefulley, hupefully, heopefully, hlpful, hoppfully, hopefullly, hopeefully, hepful, hoopefully, peaeful, hopital, hurful, helepful, hpoefully, helpfl, helpfoul, apowerful, hopefuley, hopfully, hopeflly, happyfilled, hopewfully, hopsiatl, hlpfull, hopefulls, heplfull, hopyfully, helpuful, hopelully, heolpful, honululu, hopely, hepfull, helful, helpfiul, hopefullu, horriful, halfful, hopfelly, willhopefully, hopefylly, hoepful, hopfly, hopful, hopeully, hoppefuly, poerful, hopefullt, hofefully, hoppital, hopefullyfor, hopwfully, hopefulluy, powful, opefully, hopfuly, hpeful, hopefilly, helpeful, hoptial, helffull, humorful, hopelly, hopifully, poerfull, hopfaly, hoipefully, hopefulyl, hopoefully, helopful, hoepefully, peaful, hopeuflly, repecful, houpfully, hopsial, hopefally, hoppefully, helpfula, hopefulyy, hoppfuly, hoprefully, helpfule, hopfefully, hopefule, hopefuilly, hopefulys, hopeffully, hellpful, hepfuly, hlopefully, hopecully, hopefiully, hopefoly, popofol.
- Examples of usage:
It makes one feel young and hopeful- jolly; doesn't it?
"A Prisoner in Fairyland",Algernon Blackwood.
" Something may have happened to delay him," said the manager in tones that showed he did not believe his own hopeful words.
"Jimmy Kirkland and the Plot for a Pennant",Hugh S. Fullerton.
The rest depends upon you, and you alone, and I am not very hopeful about it.
"The Great Impersonation",E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- It makes one feel young and hopeful- jolly; doesn't it?
- Top resources with antonyms for HOPEFUL:
- hopeful synonyms, antonyms, English dictionary, English language, definition, see also 'hopefully',hope',hopeless',hop', Reverso dictionary, English synonym, ... Antonyms 1 Level 7. Directions: ... D. hopeful. E. passionate. 6. .... (D) is incorrect because hopeful means feeling optimism about the future. This is not the ... Related Words for "hopefully": hopeful. Antonyms for "hopefully": hopelessly ... with hope; in a hopeful manner1. we searched hopefully for a good position1 ... 1 having qualities which inspire hope <economists are offering a hopeful forecast for a healthy economy in the coming year> Synonyms auspicious, bright, ... Synonyms and antonyms for hopeful. 1. hopeful (adj.) having or manifesting hope . Synonyms: encouraging,; expectant,; optimistic,; anticipant,; anticipative.