- Antonyms of JOLLY
depressed, disagreeable, dull, gloomy, sad, unhappy, unpleasant, abhorrent, abject, abominable, aggravating, aggrieved, anguished, annoying, bilious, black, bleak, blue, boring, brokenhearted, cheerless, comfortless, commonplace, crestfallen, crying, dark, dejected, deplorable, depressed, depressing, desolate, despondent, detestable, disagreeable, disconsolate, discontented, disgruntled, disgusting, disheartened, disheartening, dismal, dispirited, displeasing, distasteful, distressing, disturbing, doleful, dolorous, downcast, downhearted, dreary, dull, exasperating, flat, forbidding, forlorn, ghastly, gloomy, glum, god-awful, gray, groaning, hateful, heartbreaking, heartbroken, heartrending, heartsick, heavyhearted, hellish, horrid, hostile, inflaming, infuriating, insipid, intimidating, irritating, joyless, lachrymose, lamentable, lethargic, listless, low-spirited, lugubrious, maddening, melancholy, miserable, moaning, moody, morose, mournful, obnoxious, odious, offensive, perturbing, plaintive, regrettable, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, sad, saturnine, sluggish, sobbing, somber, sorrowful, sorry, stale, sullen, tedious, torpid, tragic, unhappy, unpalatable, unpleasant, unsavory, unwelcome, upsetting, vexing, vile, wailing, weeping, woebegone, woeful, wretched, yucky, Angering, Dissatisfying, Enraging, Irksome, Outraging, Pleasureless, Rankling, Revulsive, Riling, Saddened, peeving, incensing.
- Examples of usage:
- She was a jolly girl - "Tales of the Five Towns" by Arnold Bennett
- Why didn't you tell me before so I could have chosen jolly happy things - "Flower of the Dusk" by Myrtle Reed
- There was not anything of which He could not make a game He must have been a jolly chap Don Quixote was his name - "Kensington Rhymes" by Compton Mackenzie
- Top resources with antonyms for JOLLY:
- Synonyms for “jolly” | The official Collins English Thesaurus online. Over 1 million synonyms and antonyms with quotations and translations to other languages.. Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "jolly" Spanish Central: Translation of "jolly" Nglish: Translation of "jolly" for Spanish speakers Britannica English: ... 1 indicative of or marked by high spirits or good humor <an especially jolly crowd of well-wishers at their wedding reception> Synonyms blithesome, festive, gay, ... jolly - Meaning in Hindi, what is meaning of jolly in Hindi dictionary, audio pronunciation, synonyms and definitions of ... Pronunciation of jolly ... Antonyms of jolly. Synonyms and antonyms for jolly. 1. jolly (adj.) full of or showing ... 3. jolly (n.) a yawl used by a ship's sailors for general work. Synonyms: jolly boat,; yawl ...