- Antonyms of SANGUINE
pale, pallid, pessimistic, sallow, affable, amiable, amicable, anemic, appeasing, ashen, ashy, benevolent, benign, benignant, blanched, bloodless, cadaverous, clement, compassionate, conciliatory, diffident, disarming, doubtful, doughy, dubious, gentle, good-hearted, hesitant, humane, indecisive, kind, kindhearted, kindly, lenient, livid, lurid, mealy, merciful, pacific, pacifying, pale, palish, pallid, pasty, peaceable, peaceful, peaked, peaky, pessimistic, placating, placative, placatory, propitiatory, sallow, sick, sickly, submissive, sympathetic, tender, tenderhearted, unaggressive, unassertive, unassuming, uncertain, unhealthy, unsure, vacillating, wan, warm, warmhearted, wavering, waxen, waxy, white, whitened, yielding, Dovish, Mollifying, Paled, Sallowish, Whey-faced, Surrendering, peacemaking.
- Examples of usage:
- But Philip growing more and more sanguine as those visions of fresh crowns and conquered kingdoms rose before him in his solitary cell had even persuaded himself that the deed was already done - "History of the United Netherlands, 1586-89, Vol. II. Complete" by John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: February 7, 2009
- Dear Pembroke replied Miss Beaufort wiping the gliding tears from her burning cheek after the confession which you drew from me yesterday I will not deny that to be this to your friend would render me the happiest of created beings but I cannot believe what your sanguine affection tells me - "Thaddeus of Warsaw" by Jane Porter
- Are you not too sanguine - "Lucretia, Volume 6." by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- Top resources with antonyms for SANGUINE:
- 1 eager for or marked by the shedding of blood, extreme violence, or killing <the Civil War remains America's most sanguine conflict> Synonyms bloody, ... Apr 6, 2014 ... Here are three examples of auto-antonyms: Sanguine The adjective sanguine is from the Latin for “bloody.” It can be used in a literal sense: ... Sanguine definition, cheerfully optimistic, hopeful, or confident: a sanguine disposition; sanguine expectations. See more. 1 eager for or marked by the shedding of blood, extreme violence, or killing <the Civil War remains America's most sanguine conflict> Synonyms bloody, ... sanguine: definition, pronunciation, and example sentences in Oxford ... [ Antonyms] pessimistic, gloomy. 2 archaic a sanguine complexion See florid. Definition ...