- Antonyms of LABOR
entertainment, fun, idleness, inactivity, indolence, laziness, neglect, rest, adroitness, amusement, breeze, changeableness, child's play, cinch, dalliance, decompression, diversion, dormancy, duck soup, ease, entertainment, facility, fickleness, fluency, fun, goldbricking, idleness, inaction, inactivity, inattention, inconstancy, indolence, inertia, inertness, languor, laziness, leisure, loafing, lolling, lounging, neglect, negligence, play, quiescence, recreation, relaxation, remissness, repose, rest, setup, sloth, smoothness, snap, sport, Dallying, kid stuff.
- Examples of usage:
- For two days' labor you ask two hundred guineas - "Whistler Stories" by Don C. Seitz
- Work is become a pleasure it is not labor any longer - "The Boys' Life of Mark Twain" by Albert Bigelow Paine
- How can men be free who must ask the right to labor and to live from their fellow men and seek their bread from the hands of others - "Equality" by Edward Bellamy
- Top resources with antonyms for LABOR:
- Antonyms are words whose meanings are the opposite of each other. ... brain, brawn; capital, labor; catalectic, acatalectic; centripetal, centrifugal; clean, dirty ... The post-WWI era was a time of critical change for the labor movement in America. After being credited as an important supporter of the war effort, unions were ... labour synonyms, antonyms, English dictionary, English language, definition, see also 'labourer',laboured',laborious',lour', Reverso dictionary, English synonym ... Antonyms are words whose meanings are the opposite of each other. ... brain, brawn; capital, labor; catalectic, acatalectic; centripetal, centrifugal; clean, dirty ... 1 a dull, unpleasant, or difficult piece of work <one of the labors of Hercules in classical mythology was to clean out the stables of King Augeas> Synonyms bear , ...