- Antonyms of SCANT:
- sufficient, adequate, enough, satisfactory, tolerable, fat, fecund, fertile, fruitful, prolific, rich, lavish, luxuriant, blooming, bursting, flourishing, proliferative, swarming, teeming, thriving, excess, extra, surplus, abundant, ample, bountiful, copious, generous, liberal, plenteous, plentiful.
- Examples of usage:
Susannah gave scant observation to any of these things.
"Out of the Air",Inez Haynes Irwin.
The day came to mean three scant meals.
"The Magnetic North",Elizabeth Robins (C. E. Raimond).
He was to dine at the Herberts' at seven o'clock, and as their place was but scant two miles from town, he determined to walk.
"The Just and the Unjust",Vaughan Kester.
- Susannah gave scant observation to any of these things.
- Top resources with antonyms for SCANT:
- scant synonyms, antonyms, English dictionary, English language, definition, see also 'scanty',scan',scent',saint', Reverso dictionary, English synonym, English ... Scanty definition, scant in amount, quantity, etc.; barely sufficient. See more. ... Antonyms Expand. 1, 2. plentiful, ample. Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the ... less plentiful than what is normal, necessary, or desirable <the camera's scanty instructions left me somewhat confused> Synonyms exiguous, hand-to-mouth, ... Synonyms and antonyms for scant. 1. scant (adj.) less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so. Synonyms: light,; deficient,; short,; insufficient. Antonyms for scant at Synonyms.net with free online thesaurus, synonyms, definitions and translations.
- inaugurate, launch, open, carry on, continue.