- Antonyms of LINEAR:
- cubic, digital, nonlinear, planar, three-dimensional, two-dimensional, brick-shaped, boxlike, placoid, platelike, cubical, cuboid, boxy, flat, coplanar, box-shaped, cubiform, tabular, compound, cuboidal, cubelike, cube-shaped, isometric, blocky, crosswise, blockish, planate, flattened, solid, bowed, rounded, entwined, kinked, swirled, turned, turning, twined, twining, twisted, twisting, veering, warped, bending, coiled, coiling, corkscrew, curled, curling, curved, curving, looped, looping, spiral, spiraling, wavy, winding, meandering, weaving, devious, serpentine, sinuous, crooked, zigzag, zigzagging.
- Examples of usage:
The smaller fossil, having only half the linear dimensions of the other, was probably only one- twelfth of its bulk.
"The Student's Elements of Geology",Sir Charles Lyell.
Other species contain linear sporidia, which are often the length of the ascus, and may either be simple or septate.
"Fungi: Their Nature and Uses",Mordecai Cubitt Cooke.
Leaves: Small, linear, alternately scattered along stem, or oblong in pairs or threes on leafy sterile shoots.
"Wild Flowers Worth Knowing",Neltje Blanchan et al.
- The smaller fossil, having only half the linear dimensions of the other, was probably only one- twelfth of its bulk.
- Top resources with antonyms for LINEAR:
- Antonyms for linear at Synonyms.net with free online thesaurus, synonyms, definitions and translations. Apr 11, 2009 ... I was tasked at work to blog on the difference between Linear and Non-Linear thinking, and how it relates to business. Not being an expert in ... Two popular styles of note-taking are linear note-taking and mind mapping. Though there are many differences in the two styles, neither is better than the other. Non-linear equations in math is one that does not form a straight line when graphed. Find out what a non-linear equation means in math with help from an ... non-linear meaning, definition, English dictionary, synonym, see also 'nonlinear', non-nuclear',non-aligned' ... (Antonym: linear) ...a non-linear narrative structure.
- meticulous, painstaking, punctilious, cautious, chary.