- Antonyms of SLIM:
- gain, put on, large, fat, big, chunky, squat, stocky, stumpy, thick, thickset, bulky, massive, voluminous, thickish, widish, broad, wide, beefy, fleshy, heavy, heavyset, stout, weighty, brawny, burly, husky, dumpy, pudgy, roly-poly, stubby, paunchy, potbellied, flabby, soft, buxom, zaftig, fleshed-out, full, hippy, round, chubby, corpulent, gross, obese, overweight, plump, portly, rotund, tubby, adequate, enough, satisfactory, sufficient, tolerable, fecund, fertile, fruitful, prolific, rich, lavish, luxuriant, blooming, bursting, flourishing, proliferative, swarming, teeming, thriving, excess, extra, surplus, abundant, ample, bountiful, copious, generous, liberal, plenteous, plentiful, great, distinct, significant, considerable, goodly, healthy, largish, respectable, sizable, substantial, tidy, good.
- Examples of usage:
We are often applied to for cauliflower plants as late as May, but the chances of their forming heads when planted in May are slim indeed.
"The Cauliflower",A. A. Crozier.
He drew out the bill and handed it to Slim for his inspection.
"The Girl Aviators' Sky Cruise",Margaret Burnham.
Slim, sweet and graceful, she looked up into his somber face.
"The Sherrods",George Barr McCutcheon.
- We are often applied to for cauliflower plants as late as May, but the chances of their forming heads when planted in May are slim indeed.
- Top resources with antonyms for SLIM:
- Noun 1. slim chance - little or no chance of success fat chance probability, chance - a measure of how ... ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonyms Legend:. 1 being of less than usual width <a slim volume of poetry> Synonyms fine, hairline, needlelike, paper-thin, skinny, slender, narrow, slim-jim, thin, ultrathin Related ... SKINNY Thesaurus (synonyms and antonyms) by Power Thesaurus Dictionary. Top voted out of 340 Synonyms is scrawny. The antonym of slim start with S? ... What word starting with c is the antonym of tragic? comedic. 3 people ... What is an antonym for finish besides start? begin. Synonyms for “slim” | The official Collins English Thesaurus online. Over 1 million synonyms and antonyms with quotations and translations to other languages..
- defeat, disappointment, failure, miscarriage, retreat.