- Antonyms of SKINNY
chubby, fat, heavy, overweight, plump, thick, beefy, brawny, broad, bulky, burly, buxom, chubby, chunky, corpulent, dumpy, fat, flabby, fleshed out, fleshy, full, generous, gross, heavy, heavyset, hippy, husky, loose, massive, obese, overweight, paunchy, plump, portly, potbellied, pudgy, roly-poly, rotund, round, soft, squat, stocky, stout, stubby, stumpy, thick, thickset, tubby, voluminous, weighty, wide, zaftig, Thickish, Widish.
- Examples of usage:
- My if she wasn't over that rail like lightning and striking out for home with her skinny arms - "Wild Justice: Stories of the South Seas" by Lloyd Osbourne
- The fat rosy white haired one took Elizabeth Ann's skinny cold little hand in her soft warm fat one and led her along to the open kitchen door - "Understood Betsy" by Dorothy Canfield
- He would get skinny and die - "Philippine Folk-Tales" by Clara Kern Bayliss, Berton L. Maxfield, W. H. Millington, Fletcher Gardner, Laura Watson Benedict
- Top resources with antonyms for SKINNY:
- 1 being of less than usual width <the tree swing was supported only by a couple of skinny branches> Synonyms fine, hairline, needlelike, paper-thin, narrow, ... Use picture cards to demonstrate antonyms. “The ladder is tall. The ruler is short.” “The pig is fat. The snake is skinny.” Model: “As I read this story, I will look for ... The word 'fat' and its antonym 'skinny' come under the category of graded antonyms. Such words have grades such as 'fatter' or 'less skinny'. If someone is not ... Antonyms are word pairs that are opposite in meaning, such as hot and cold, black ... (A third category of relational antonyms is described later.) ... 11. fat, skinny. 1 being of less than usual width <the tree swing was supported only by a couple of skinny branches> Synonyms fine, hairline, needlelike, paper-thin, narrow, ...