- Antonyms of SMALLISH
big, huge, large, abundant, adequate, ample, appreciable, big, biggish, boundless, bountiful, boxcar, broad, bulky, cavernous, colossal, considerable, copious, cosmic, cyclopean, elephantine, enormous, enough, fat, galactic, gargantuan, generous, giant, gigantic, goodly, grand, great, gross, handsome, healthy, hefty, herculean, heroic, himalayan, huge, hulking, humongous, husky, immeasurable, immense, incalculable, infinite, jumbo, king-size, large, largish, leviathan, liberal, mammoth, massive, monolithic, monstrous, monumental, mountainous, outsize, oversize, pharaonic, plenteous, plentiful, prodigious, sizable, staggering, stupendous, substantial, sufficient, thick, tidy, titanic, tremendous, vast, voluminous, whacking, whopping, wide, Brobdingnagian, Bunyanesque.
- Examples of usage:
- Against such chances Arstingstall wished to take precautions so he led the elephant down the car through the jumble of animals and cages all the less prepared for mischief as this was rather a smallish elephant not over six feet at the shoulder and showing only half grown tusks - "Careers of Danger and Daring" by Cleveland Moffett
- In the little room where I sat there were three other men two of them were men that I knew men who dealt in diamonds in a smallish way - "Ravensdene Court" by J. S. (Joseph Smith) Fletcher
- Matilda Maud Mackenzie had a habit that was droll She spent her morning seated on a rock or on a knoll And threw with much composure A smallish rubber ball At an inoffensive osier By a little waterfall But Matilda's way of throwing Was like other people's mowing And she never hit the willow tree at all - "Grimm Tales Made Gay" by Guy Wetmore Carryl
- Top resources with antonyms for SMALLISH:
- 1 of a size that is less than average <a small cat who never weighed more than five pounds> Synonyms bantam, diminutive, dinky, dwarfish, fine, half-pint, ... a portable weapon from which a shot is discharged by gunpowder <the soldiers keep their small arms securely in their holsters when not on patrol> Synonyms ... 1 unwilling to grant other people social rights or to accept other viewpoints <a small-minded man only concerned with his own well-being> Synonyms bigoted, ... Synonyms and antonyms for small. 1. small (adj.) limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent. Synonyms: olive-sized,; bitty,; teensy, ... Synonyms for small at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day.