- Antonyms of CURTAIL:
- enlarge, expand, supplement, add, aggrandize, amplify, augment, balloon, boost, dilate, escalate, heighten, increase, maximize, pump up, raise, blow up, distend, inflate, swell, elongate, extend, lengthen, prolong, protract.
- Examples of usage:
As a result the latter curtail their advertising and do a comparatively small amount of it, since they are prevented from realizing the full profits due on the investment.
"A Stake in the Land",Peter Alexander Speek.
This is to curtail the perjury that has gone on with jurors of little substance, discretion, and reputation.
"Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.",S. A. Reilly.
If forced to curtail or hurry these hours of prayer, he feels restless and unhappy, and his efficiency is reduced.
"The Life of the Spirit and the Life of To-day",Evelyn Underhill.
- As a result the latter curtail their advertising and do a comparatively small amount of it, since they are prevented from realizing the full profits due on the investment.
- Top resources with antonyms for CURTAIL:
- curtail synonyms: verb To make short or shorter the duration or extent of: abbreviate, abridge, condense, reduce, shorten. See increase, long ... to make less in extent or duration <curtailed the school day because of the stormy weather> Synonyms abbreviate, abridge, shorten, cut back, dock, elide, ... An antonym is a word that means the opposite of another. ... aggressively; garnish - enhance (e.g., food), curtail (e.g., wages); give out - produce, stop production ... curtail - Meaning in Hindi, what is meaning of curtail in Hindi dictionary, audio ... Example - Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries ... Antonyms of curtail. Synonyms and antonyms for curtail. 1. curtail (v.) place restrictions on. Synonyms: immobilize,; confine,; cut back,; abridge,; restrict,; limit,; immobilise, ...
- not surprised, unsurprised.