- Antonyms of CURTAIL
- Examples of usage:
- As a result the latter curtail their advertising and do a comparatively small amount of it since they are prevented from realizing the full profits due on the investment - "A Stake in the Land" by Peter Alexander Speek
- This is to curtail the perjury that has gone on with jurors of little substance discretion and reputation - "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed." by S. A. Reilly
- If forced to curtail or hurry these hours of prayer he feels restless and unhappy and his efficiency is reduced - "The Life of the Spirit and the Life of To-day" by Evelyn Underhill
- Top resources with antonyms for CURTAIL:
- curtail synonyms: verb To make short or shorter the duration or extent of: abbreviate, abridge, condense, reduce, shorten. See increase, long ... to make less in extent or duration <curtailed the school day because of the stormy weather> Synonyms abbreviate, abridge, shorten, cut back, dock, elide, ... An antonym is a word that means the opposite of another. ... aggressively; garnish - enhance (e.g., food), curtail (e.g., wages); give out - produce, stop production ... curtail - Meaning in Hindi, what is meaning of curtail in Hindi dictionary, audio ... Example - Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries ... Antonyms of curtail. Synonyms and antonyms for curtail. 1. curtail (v.) place restrictions on. Synonyms: immobilize,; confine,; cut back,; abridge,; restrict,; limit,; immobilise, ...