- Antonyms of WAIVE:
- arrogate, claim, lay claim.
- Examples of usage:
But I told him I was thankful to get the five hundred dollars, and could waive their notions of woman's inability very comfortably.
"A Woman's Life-Work Labors and Experiences",Laura S. Haviland.
" I waive my claim, Sir Patrick, to put any questions on my side.
"Man and Wife",Wilkie Collins.
Let us waive my aunt.
"Love Eternal",H. Rider Haggard.
- But I told him I was thankful to get the five hundred dollars, and could waive their notions of woman's inability very comfortably.
- Top resources with antonyms for WAIVE:
- Jun 4, 2014 ... I am looking for an antonym for the word claim. The closest words I ... Waive only works as an antonym in the sense “lay claim to”. – Janus Bahs ... Waive definition, to refrain from claiming or insisting on; give up; forgo: to waive one's right; to waive one's rank; to waive honors. See more. ... Antonyms Expand. 1. demand. Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Dictionary, ... Antonyms 1 Level 9. Directions: Choose the word that is ... E. waive. 9. POROUS. A. fragile. B. waterproof. C. consolidated. D. dense. E. spongy. 10. EXPEND. a document containing a declaration of an intentional giving up of a right, claim, or privilege <before the hospital will treat you, you have to sign a waiver in which ... Synonyms and antonyms for waive. 1. waive (v.) do without or cease to hold or adhere to. Synonyms: relinquish,; foreswear,; forego,; give up,; forgo,; dispense ...
- egghead, intellect, intellectual, sage, thinker.