- Antonyms of BRAVERY
cowardice, fear, timidity, weakness. cold feet, cowardice, cowardliness, cravenness, dastardliness, disarray, dishabille, effeminacy, faintheartedness, fear, fearfulness, feebleness, fright, hesitation, impotence, indecision, indecisiveness, ineffectualness, irresolution, poltroonery, pusillanimity, softness, spinelessness, timidity, timorousness, weakness, mousiness, tatters.
- Examples of usage:
- He had a great and well earned reputation for skill and bravery - "The War of Independence" by John Fiske
- With so much bravery how can he allow such a civetcat as Edward Baliol to bear away the title which is his by the double right of blood and virtue - "The Scottish Chiefs" by Jane Porter
- These tempted me to trials of boyish bravery - "Confessions of Boyhood" by John Albee
- Top resources with antonyms for BRAVERY:
- Bravery beyond compare, superhuman intelligence, strength or skills and a ... Antonyms. Definitions. The Classroom »; Higher Education Prep »; Why ... another characteristic of an epic hero, bravery, when they face the dragon on their own. Nov 12, 2014 ... That said, today we are going to look at some of the most common ways to talk about bravery in English. Remember that English has one of the ... Bravery definition, brave spirit or conduct; courage; valor. ... Antonyms Expand. 1. cowardice. Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House ... 1 dressy clothing <children in their Sunday bravery> Synonyms array, best, finery , caparison, feather, frippery, full dress, gaiety (also gayety), glad rags, ... Synonyms and antonyms for brave ... spirited,; stouthearted,; braveness,; gamey. Antonyms: cowardice,; afraid,; cowardly,; unadventurous,; timid,; irresolute ...