- Antonyms of ANECDOTE:
- annals, biography, chronicle, history, memoir.
- Examples of usage:
But the poem deserves a further illustration, and we shall take an opportunity of pointing out some of its most striking beauties; but before we speak of these, we beg leave to relate the following anecdote.
"The Lives of the Poets of Great Britain and Ireland (1753),Vol. V.",Theophilus Cibber.
This anecdote also is cited as a proof of his indifference as to diet.
"Plutarch's Lives Volume III.",Plutarch.
Says an English writer: " From the anecdote related respecting the weight of smoke, the vapor of the pipe certainly did not throw a cloud over the brilliant wit of the unfortunate Raleigh."
"Tobacco; Its History, Varieties, Culture, Manufacture and Commerce",E. R. Billings.
- But the poem deserves a further illustration, and we shall take an opportunity of pointing out some of its most striking beauties; but before we speak of these, we beg leave to relate the following anecdote.
- Top resources with antonyms for ANECDOTE:
- Writing a personal anecdote is a self-revealing exercise. Anecdotes give a rare glimpse into the inner workings of the writer's life, and they are not always ... anecdote - A short narrative that relates an interesting or amusing incident, ... antonyms - A word of opposite meaning (the usual “antonym” of “good” is “bad”). anecdote synonyms: noun An entertaining and often oral account of a real or fictitious occurrence: fable, story, tale. (Informal) tall tale, yarn. See words ... Find comprehensive list of opposite words for Anecdote at our free antonym dictionary. a brief account of something interesting that happened especially to one personally <told us once again that anecdote about the dog and the bike> Synonyms ...
- taken, disinclined, unacknowledged, averse, indisposed.