- Antonyms of RETROSPECTIVE:
- prospective, future, likely, potential.
- Misspellings for RETROSPECTIVE:
- eprspective, restrospective, retrospects, retropective, retrospectivly, retrospecting, restropective, retrespective, intraspective, errespective, retrospectivley, retrspectively.
- Examples of usage:
She had expected teasing, ridicule, sarcasm, anything but the psychological interest mixed with a sort of retrospective tenderness which he showed.
"Their Silver Wedding Journey",William Dean Howells.
Even the few who entertained a scruple about inflicting death by a retrospective enactment thought it necessary to express the utmost abhorrence of Strafford's character and administration.
"The History of England from the Accession of James II. Volume 1 (of 5)",Thomas Babington Macaulay.
The civilized world has not lost heart or hope; and will not, so long as the dreams of its immortal youth and the plans of its immortal manhood are not lost to its memory or passed beyond its retrospective reflection.
"The Unity of Civilization",Various.
- She had expected teasing, ridicule, sarcasm, anything but the psychological interest mixed with a sort of retrospective tenderness which he showed.