- Antonyms of DOWNFALL:
- rise, advancement, development, evolution, growth, blossoming, flourishing, flowering, renewal, restoration, revitalization, heightening, accretion, accrual, addendum, addition, augmentation, boost, enhancement, gain, increase, increment, raise, supplement, ascent, upswing, advance, headway, progress, flower, heyday, prime, aggrandizement, exaltation, up, drizzle, mist, mizzle, scud, spit, sprinkle.
- Examples of usage:
The clay surface held water, and after each downfall the pools would be higher, and the contour of the little region altered.
"Edge of the Jungle",William Beebe.
There was a great pause, for none of us, when he did appear in sight, could shout over the downfall of so merciful a conqueror.
"The Scottish Chiefs",Jane Porter.
We could tell a number of such stories where we feel confident that a very large family on very small means is largely to blame for the downfall of the older daughters.
"Commercialized Prostitution in New York City",George Jackson Kneeland.
- The clay surface held water, and after each downfall the pools would be higher, and the contour of the little region altered.
- Top resources with antonyms for DOWNFALL:
- Feudalism was a hierarchical system of land use and patronage that dominated Europe between the ninth and 14th centuries. Under Feudalism, a monarch's ... Synonyms for downfall in Free Thesaurus. Antonyms for downfall. 29 synonyms for downfall: ruin, fall, destruction, collapse, breakdown, disgrace, overthrow, ... 1 something that is the cause of one's ultimate failure or loss of life <an insatiable love of money would be their downfall> Synonyms death, destruction, ruin, ... Synonyms and antonyms for downfall. 1. downfall (n.) failure that results in a loss of position or reputation. Synonyms: ruination,; failure,; ruin,; finish. Antonyms:. Antonyms for downfall at Synonyms.net with free online thesaurus, synonyms, definitions and translations.
- fragrant, fresh, acceptable, agreeable, alluring.