- Antonyms of DOWNFALL
ascent, increase, rise, accretion, accrual, addendum, addition, advance, advancement, aggrandizement, ascent, augmentation, blossoming, boost, development, drizzle, enhancement, evolution, exaltation, flourishing, flower, flowering, gain, growth, headway, heightening, heyday, increase, increment, mist, mizzle, prime, progress, raise, renewal, restoration, revitalization, rise, scud, sprinkle, supplement, up, upswing.
- Examples of usage:
- The clay surface held water and after each downfall the pools would be higher and the contour of the little region altered - "Edge of the Jungle" by William Beebe
- There was a great pause for none of us when he did appear in sight could shout over the downfall of so merciful a conqueror - "The Scottish Chiefs" by Jane Porter
- We could tell a number of such stories where we feel confident that a very large family on very small means is largely to blame for the downfall of the older daughters - "Commercialized Prostitution in New York City" by George Jackson Kneeland
- Top resources with antonyms for DOWNFALL:
- Feudalism was a hierarchical system of land use and patronage that dominated Europe between the ninth and 14th centuries. Under Feudalism, a monarch's ... Synonyms for downfall in Free Thesaurus. Antonyms for downfall. 29 synonyms for downfall: ruin, fall, destruction, collapse, breakdown, disgrace, overthrow, ... 1 something that is the cause of one's ultimate failure or loss of life <an insatiable love of money would be their downfall> Synonyms death, destruction, ruin, ... Synonyms and antonyms for downfall. 1. downfall (n.) failure that results in a loss of position or reputation. Synonyms: ruination,; failure,; ruin,; finish. Antonyms:. Antonyms for downfall at Synonyms.net with free online thesaurus, synonyms, definitions and translations.