- Antonyms of WHEEDLE:
- bug, harass, nag, pester, tease, browbeat, bulldoze, bully, cow, intimidate, coerce, compel, constrain, demand, force, make, oblige, require.
- Examples of usage:
" In fact, you think you are trying to approach me wisely, in order to persuade, I will not say wheedle, me into something.
"The Seaboard Parish Volume 1",George MacDonald.
Aretino's real object was to wheedle some priceless sketch or drawing out of the great master.
"The Life of Michelangelo Buonarroti",John Addington Symonds.
She had spent unlimited time with decorators, had studied and rejected innumerable water- color sketches of interiors, had haunted auction rooms and bid recklessly on things she felt at the moment she could not do without, later on to have to wheedle Leslie into straightening her bank balance.
"The Breaking Point",Mary Roberts Rinehart.
- " In fact, you think you are trying to approach me wisely, in order to persuade, I will not say wheedle, me into something.
- Top resources with antonyms for WHEEDLE:
- Find comprehensive list of opposite words for Wheedle at our free antonym dictionary. Wheedle definition, to endeavor to influence (a person) by smooth, flattering, or beguiling words or acts: We wheedled him incessantly, but he would not consent ... to get (someone) to do something by gentle urging, special attention, or flattery < wheedled him into doing their work for them> Synonyms blandish, blarney, ... Synonyms and antonyms for wheedle. 1. wheedle (v.) influence or urge by gentle urging, caressing, or flattering. Synonyms: coax,; soft-soap,; inveigle, ... Antonyms for wheedle at Synonyms.net with free online thesaurus, synonyms, definitions and translations.
- unknown, inglorious, insignificant, unimportant, inconspicuous.