- Antonyms of SUDDENLY:
- gradually, slowly, hesitantly, laggardly, leisurely, pokily, sluggishly, tardily, obviously.
- Examples of usage:
I looked and looked, then I called softly, but it never answered, and suddenly it was gone."
"Spinning-Wheel Stories",Louisa May Alcott.
At the time, she had suddenly gone to Paris and he had not seen her for years ...
"The Twilight of the Souls",Louis Couperus.
Suddenly Flipke the Bear came up to him.
"Flemish Legends",Charles de Coster.
- I looked and looked, then I called softly, but it never answered, and suddenly it was gone."
- Top resources with antonyms for SUDDENLY:
- Synonyms for suddenly at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. 1 with great suddenness <the bus stopped suddenly, and somebody's lunch landed in the aisle> Synonyms abruptly, shortRelated Words surprisingly, ... suddenly - Meaning in Punjabi, what is meaning of suddenly in Punjabi dictionary, audio pronunciation, ... Pronunciation of suddenly ... Antonyms of suddenly. Synonyms and antonyms for sudden. 1. sudden (adj.) happening without warning or in a short space of time. Synonyms: explosive,; emergent,; fast,; abrupt, ... Synonyms and antonyms for suddenly. 1. suddenly (adv.) happening unexpectedly. Synonyms: all of a sudden,; of a sudden ...
- demonstrate, establish, prove, shew, show.