- Examples of usage:
- Straightening her back and head against the tree she clasped her hands rigidly on her knee - "The Mating of Lydia" by Mrs. Humphry Ward
- At first Marta listened rigidly but as the narrative proceeded her interest grew - "The Last Shot" by Frederick Palmer
- After the accusation fell from the foreman's lips I quite suddenly became aware of the fact that she was standing rigidly erect one hand strained to her bosom the other clenched tightly against her cheek - "The Paternoster Ruby" by Charles Edmonds Walk
- Top resources with antonyms for RIGIDLY:
- Synonyms for rigid at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. Synonyms for rigid at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. Rigidly definition, stiff or unyielding; not pliant or flexible; hard: a rigid strip of metal. ... 3. austere, stern, unyielding. See strict. 4, 5. demanding. Antonyms Expand. Antonyms of Irregular: natural, normal, regular, standard, typical—Find the right word. ... 4 not rigidly following established form, custom, or rules <the request is ... without any relaxation of standards or precision <the judge stuck rigidly to the letter of the law> Synonyms exactly, precisely, strictly, rigorouslyRelated Words ...