- Antonyms of PUNCTILIOUS:
- imprecise, improper, indecorous, unmannerly, discourteous, impolite, rude, casual, easygoing, informal, laid-back, unceremonious.
- Misspellings for PUNCTILIOUS:
- punctoations, punctillious.
- Examples of usage:
The new District Judge returned Colonel Starbottle's profoundly punctilious bow.
"Openings in the Old Trail",Bret Harte.
The conclusive condemnation of all the crowd of punctilious restrictions of which the Apostle has been speaking lies in the fact that, however they may correspond to men's mistaken notions, and so seem to be the dictate of wisdom, they " are not of any value against the indulgence of the flesh."
"The Expositor's Bible: Colossians and Philemon",Alexander Maclaren.
Therefore, is should be are; thus, " The gentry are punctilious in their etiquette."
"The Grammar of English Grammars",Goold Brown.
- The new District Judge returned Colonel Starbottle's profoundly punctilious bow.
- Top resources with antonyms for PUNCTILIOUS:
- PUNCTILIOUS Thesaurus (synonyms and antonyms) by Power Thesaurus Dictionary. Top voted out of 311 Synonyms is meticulous. Punctilious definition, extremely attentive to punctilios; strict or exact in the ... See scrupulous. Antonyms Expand. careless. Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on ... Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "punctilious" Spanish Central: Translation of "punctilious" Nglish: Translation of "punctilious" for Spanish speakers ... marked by or showing careful attention to set forms and details <old-money aristocrats with a punctilious sense of propriety> Synonyms correct, decorous, formal ... Sep 20, 2005 ... Now, take the antonyms of punctilious. They are easygoing, informal and lax. Let's make sentences with these: a) The hosts' easygoing attitude ...