- Antonyms of PACIFIC
abrasive, aggravating, aggressive, agonistic, annoying, antagonistic, antagonizing, antipathetic, argumentative, assertive, bellicose, belligerent, bloodthirsty, chafing, combative, confrontational, contentious, discordant, engaging, exasperating, fierce, frustrating, galling, gladiatorial, hostile, hot-tempered, inflammatory, infuriating, inhospitable, inimical, irritating, maddening, martial, militant, militarist, militaristic, military, nagging, nettlesome, offensive, provocative, provoking, pugnacious, quarrelsome, scrappy, truculent, unfriendly, unpeaceful, unsympathetic, vexing, warlike, Irksome, Nettling, Rankling, Riling, incensing, hawkish.
- Examples of usage:
- But they were bigger in California and all up the Pacific coast trees and bears grew bigger there for some reason - "The Young Alaskans on the Missouri" by Emerson Hough
- At last we were in the South Pacific waters but our boat had suffered severely in getting through and it had sprung more than one leak - "An Antarctic Mystery" by Jules Verne
- It has been found equally necessary to employ some of our vessels for the protection of our commerce in the Indian Sea the Pacific and along the Atlantic coast - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present" by Various
- Top resources with antonyms for PACIFIC:
- Antonyms: highland, upland. elevated (e.g., mountainous) land. Examples: Lowlands of Scotland. the southern part of Scotland that is not mountainous. Resentful of the West, Japan's goal was to dominate the resources and markets of the Pacific Ocean. The United States, however, was determined to protect its ... World War II combatants fought in two major areas: Europe and the Pacific. The Pacific theater of the war featured battles in several Asian countries, including ... Solar panels can produce energy wherever there is light. Even the cloudy, forested Pacific Northwest is a viable location for solar panels. In order to get the most ... pacific synonyms, antonyms, English dictionary, English language, definition, see also 'pacifist',pacify',pack',pace', Reverso dictionary, English synonym, ...