- Antonyms of MISCHIEVOUS:
- sober, serious, harmless, unplayful, advantageous, favorable, helpful, profitable, serviceable, beneficent, good, invigorating, rejuvenating, useful, beneficial, healthful, life-giving, salutary, wholesome, grave, grim, sedate, solemn, staid, stern, acquiescent, compliant, complying, dutiful, obedient, submissive, clean, correct, decent, decorous, moral, proper, respectable, considerate, courteous, kindly, mannerly, polite, thoughtful, angelic, cherubic, divine, heavenly, amenable, docile, governable, tractable, amiable, complaisant, good-natured, obliging, pleasant, discreet, modest, adult, grown-up, mature, behaved, behaving, nice, orderly, propitious, curative, healthy, palliative, remedial, salubrious, secure, sound, benignant, noncorrosive, nondestructive, nonfatal, noninfectious, nonlethal, nonpoisonous, nonpolluting, nontoxic, nonvenomous, anodyne, benign, hurtless, innocent, innocuous, inoffensive, safe.
- Examples of usage:
And when we had remained there a few dayes, I understood of a wicked and mischievous fact committed there, which I have put in writing to the end you may know the same.
"The Golden Asse",Lucius Apuleius.
Should they not immediately cease from a course mischievous in every stage, and finally tending to the greatest catastrophe?
"The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)",Jefferson Davis.
After me, my masters, continued Matthew, who was still the leader of this insane band of mischievous fools, after me.
"The Tangled Skein",Emmuska Orczy, Baroness Orczy.
- And when we had remained there a few dayes, I understood of a wicked and mischievous fact committed there, which I have put in writing to the end you may know the same.
- Top resources with antonyms for MISCHIEVOUS:
- mischievous synonyms, antonyms, English dictionary, English language, definition, see also 'mischief',miscellaneous',misconceive',misconstrue', Reverso ... Synonyms for “mischievous” | The official Collins English Thesaurus online. Over 1 million synonyms and antonyms with quotations and translations to other ... The word listed above (mischievous) is probably the correct spelling for the word that you entered ... Synonyms and antonyms of mischievous at Thesaurus.com Apr 7, 2009 ... Define mischievous and get synonyms. What is mischievous? mischievous meaning, pronunciation and more by Macmillan Dictionary. 1 tending to or exhibiting reckless playfulness <the children had been so mischievous that we had to pay the babysitter extra and then clean up the mess> ...
- avoid, eschew, shun, disregard, ignore.