- Antonyms of GROAN:
- cheering, laughing, smiling, exultation, rejoicing, cackle, chortle, chuckle, giggle, guffaw, laugh, snicker, snigger, titter, twitter.
- Examples of usage:
This took place on the 6th of the Ninth Month, about 20 minutes past 2, without sigh or groan, even as a lamb.
"Memoir and Diary of John Yeardley, Minister of the Gospel",John Yeardley.
Then there was a groan which struck even Aby's ear; but Sir Thomas was still alive and listening, and so he went on.
"Castle Richmond",Anthony Trollope.
Then I felt rather than heard the father's groan.
"John Halifax, Gentleman",Dinah Maria Mulock Craik.
- This took place on the 6th of the Ninth Month, about 20 minutes past 2, without sigh or groan, even as a lamb.
- Top resources with antonyms for GROAN:
- Find comprehensive list of opposite words for Groan at our free antonym dictionary. 1 a crying out in grief <when the underdogs lost the playoffs, the groans of millions of disappointed fans were heard throughout the land> Synonyms lament, ... Synonyms and Antonyms of laugh ... whoop; grin, simper, smile, smirk Near Antonyms cry, groan, moan, sob, wail; face, frown, grimace, lower (also lour), mouth, ... 1 a long low sound indicating pain or grief <she uttered an agonized moan and clutched her stomach> Synonyms groan, wail Related Words blubbering, crying, ... groans - Meaning in Hindi, what is meaning of groans in Hindi dictionary, audio pronunciation, synonyms and ... Pronunciation of groan ... Antonyms of groan.
- egghead, intellect, intellectual, sage, thinker.