- Antonyms of GROAN
- Examples of usage:
- This took place on the 6th of the Ninth Month about 20 minutes past 2 without sigh or groan even as a lamb - "Memoir and Diary of John Yeardley, Minister of the Gospel" by John Yeardley
- Then there was a groan which struck even Aby's ear but Sir Thomas was still alive and listening and so he went on - "Castle Richmond" by Anthony Trollope
- Then I felt rather than heard the father's groan - "John Halifax, Gentleman" by Dinah Maria Mulock Craik
- Top resources with antonyms for GROAN:
- Find comprehensive list of opposite words for Groan at our free antonym dictionary. 1 a crying out in grief <when the underdogs lost the playoffs, the groans of millions of disappointed fans were heard throughout the land> Synonyms lament, ... Synonyms and Antonyms of laugh ... whoop; grin, simper, smile, smirk Near Antonyms cry, groan, moan, sob, wail; face, frown, grimace, lower (also lour), mouth, ... 1 a long low sound indicating pain or grief <she uttered an agonized moan and clutched her stomach> Synonyms groan, wail Related Words blubbering, crying, ... groans - Meaning in Hindi, what is meaning of groans in Hindi dictionary, audio pronunciation, synonyms and ... Pronunciation of groan ... Antonyms of groan.