- Antonyms of CONFORMIST:
- nonconformist, recusant, unconformist, unorthodox.
- Misspellings for CONFORMIST:
- conflist, confirmst, confirmity, conformatiy, conforminty, conformaty, conflcit, conformistic, conformt, concermaster, conformast, confomity, conformaity, comformists, comformist, conforminity, conforimed.
- Examples of usage:
Was silenced for a non- conformist poet; Now, sirs, since common sence has won the day, Be kind to this as to his last year's play; His friends stood firmly to him, when distressed, He hopes the number is not now decreast.
"The Works Of John Dryden, Vol. 7 (of 18) The Duke of Guise; Albion and Albanius; Don Sebastian",John Dryden.
We are not entitled to charge Herr Stedefeld's thesis to the account of religious bias, seeing that Mr. Feis in his turn writes from the standpoint of a kind of Protestant freethinker, who sees in Shakspere a champion of free inquiry against the Catholic conformist policy of Montaigne; while strictly orthodox Christians have found in Hamlet's various allusions to deity, and in his " as for me, I will go pray," a proof alike of his and of Shakspere's steadfast piety.
"Montaigne and Shakspere",John M. Robertson.
With her on Sundays Browning listened at Bedford Chapel to the sermons of a non- conformist preacher, Thomas Jones, to some of which when published in 1884, he prefixed an introduction.
"Robert Browning",Edward Dowden.
- Was silenced for a non- conformist poet; Now, sirs, since common sence has won the day, Be kind to this as to his last year's play; His friends stood firmly to him, when distressed, He hopes the number is not now decreast.
- Top resources with antonyms for CONFORMIST:
- conformer, conformist ... Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for " nonconformist" Spanish Central: Translation of "nonconformist" Nglish: Translation of ... ... nonconformist, nonorthodox, out-there, unconventional… Antonyms of Dissentient: conforming, conformist, conventional, orthodox—Find the right word. ... maverick, heretical, nonorthodox, out-there, unconventional… Antonyms of Nonconformist: conforming, conformist, conventional, orthodox—Find the right word. 2. conformist (adj.) marked by convention and conformity to customs or rules or styles. Synonyms: Antonyms: nonconformist ... Antonyms for conformist at Synonyms.net with free online thesaurus, synonyms, definitions and translations.