- Examples of usage:
- Was silenced for a non conformist poet Now sirs since common sence has won the day Be kind to this as to his last year's play His friends stood firmly to him when distressed He hopes the number is not now decreast - "The Works Of John Dryden, Vol. 7 (of 18) The Duke of Guise; Albion and Albanius; Don Sebastian" by John Dryden
- We are not entitled to charge Herr Stedefeld's thesis to the account of religious bias seeing that Mr Feis in his turn writes from the standpoint of a kind of Protestant freethinker who sees in Shakspere a champion of free inquiry against the Catholic conformist policy of Montaigne while strictly orthodox Christians have found in Hamlet's various allusions to deity and in his as for me I will go pray a proof alike of his and of Shakspere's steadfast piety - "Montaigne and Shakspere" by John M. Robertson
- With her on Sundays Browning listened at Bedford Chapel to the sermons of a non conformist preacher Thomas Jones to some of which when published in 1884 he prefixed an introduction - "Robert Browning" by Edward Dowden
- Top resources with antonyms for CONFORMIST:
- Synonyms for conformist at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. Synonyms for non-conformist at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. conformer, conformist ... Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for " nonconformist" Spanish Central: Translation of "nonconformist" Nglish: Translation of ... ... nonconformist, nonorthodox, out-there, unconventional… Antonyms of Dissentient: conforming, conformist, conventional, orthodox—Find the right word. ... maverick, heretical, nonorthodox, out-there, unconventional… Antonyms of Nonconformist: conforming, conformist, conventional, orthodox—Find the right word.