- Antonyms of ARTLESSNESS
- Examples of usage:
- His tales deal altogether with peasant life in country and city and have a lifelikeness an artlessness a simplicity striking even in a Russian author - "Best Russian Short Stories" by Various
- And waving his hands with the ritual gestures of the infatuated picture lover he praised the artlessness of the clear wide eyes the delightful freshness of the complexion and the charming candour of the smile - "General Bramble" by AndrÃ© Maurois
- The girl's artlessness was so well played however that she deceived the spy and he answered with crafty good humor Shall I accompany you at a distance - "The Chouans" by Honore de Balzac
- Top resources with antonyms for ARTLESSNESS:
- 1 free from any intent to deceive or impress others <a genuine and artless girl> Synonyms guileless, genuine, honest, ingenuous, innocent, naive (or naïve), ... Synonyms and antonyms for artless. 1. artless (adj.) simple and natural; without cunning or deceit. Synonyms: careless,; natural. Antonyms: unnatural,; artful ... Synonyms for artless at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. Antonyms. (Having no guile) See also Wikisaurus:naive. artless. Yes, artless could mean lacking in art, but more often it means lacking in ... An artless person could never make a living as a con artist. ... Antonyms: artful.