- Antonyms of ANATHEMA:
- benediction, benison, blessing, citation, commendation, endorsement, beloved, darling, dear, honey, sweetheart, delight, enjoyment, felicity, joy, pleasure, favorite, like, preference, treasure, love.
- Examples of usage:
Yet, when he reeled against Green near the Albany, the inspector, who was an observant man, pushed him roughly aside with an anathema on his clumsiness.
"The Grell Mystery",Frank Froest.
Fired with these pretty and entirely fanciful pictures the superficial observer burns with indignation and calls down anathema upon the head of the deserter.
"Happiness and Marriage",Elizabeth (Jones) Towne.
The destruction implied in Anathema does not mean the cessation of Being, but a death which is worse than death, because it is a death in life.
"Expositions of Holy Scripture: Romans Corinthians (To II Corinthians, Chap. V)",Alexander Maclaren.
- Yet, when he reeled against Green near the Albany, the inspector, who was an observant man, pushed him roughly aside with an anathema on his clumsiness.
- Top resources with antonyms for ANATHEMA:
- Anathema definition, a person or thing detested or loathed: That subject is anathema to him. See more. Historically, anathema can be considered a one-word oxymoron. ... Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "anathema" Spanish Central: Translation of ... 1 a prayer that harm will come to someone <uttered an anathema before driving the would-be robber from the his shop> Synonyms curse, ban, execration, ... anathema - Meaning in Punjabi, what is meaning of anathema in Punjabi dictionary, audio pronunciation ... Pronunciation of anathema ... Antonyms of anathema. anathema - Meaning in Hindi, what is meaning of anathema in Hindi dictionary, audio pronunciation, ... Pronunciation of anathema ... Antonyms of anathema.
- sensitive, benevolent, benignant, gentle, kind.