- Antonyms of ALLUDE:
- announce, declare, proclaim, elucidate, explain, spell out, delineate, describe.
- Examples of usage:
I could not act otherwise than I did, on both the occasions to which you allude, madam.
"Anna St. Ives",Thomas Holcroft.
Do not, when you write, allude to my fearing about it.
"The Letters of Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1 of 2)",Frederic G. Kenyon.
Nobody quite liked to allude to the subject, or ask a direct question.
"Saturday's Child",Kathleen Norris.
- I could not act otherwise than I did, on both the occasions to which you allude, madam.
- Top resources with antonyms for ALLUDE:
- Allusion and similes are both common literary elements used to enhance the quality of a story. While statements of allusion may appear on the surface to mirror ... to convey an idea indirectly <Mrs. Simons alluded to some health problems, without being specific> Synonyms hint, imply, indicate, infer, insinuate, intimate, ... Synonyms and antonyms for allude. 1. allude (v.) make a more or less disguised reference to. Synonyms: come to,; hint,; suggest,; pertain,; have-to doe with, ... Synonyms for allude at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. Synonyms for allude to at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day.
- incomprehensive, noncomprehensive, limited, exclusive, circumscribed.