- Antonyms of ADOPTED:
- native, connatural, inbred, inborn.
- Examples of usage:
Very quietly, too, it had travelled to its adopted country.
"The Story of a Dewdrop",J. R. Macduff.
After considerable discussion this plan was adopted.
"La Vendée An Historical Romance",Anthony Trollope.
Common sense has adopted them.
"The Flutter of the Goldleaf; and Other Plays",Olive Tilford Dargan and Frederick Peterson.
- Very quietly, too, it had travelled to its adopted country.
- Top resources with antonyms for ADOPTED:
- adopt synonyms, antonyms, English dictionary, English language, definition, see also 'adoption',ado',adapt',adept', Reverso dictionary, English synonym, ... to take for one's own use (something originated by another) <shortly after moving to the U.S., the family dutifully adopted the American tradition of having turkey ... Synonyms and antonyms for adopt. 1. adopt (v.) choose and follow; as of theories , ideas, policies, strategies or plans. Synonyms: abide by,; stick,; comply, ... Synonyms and antonyms for adopted. 1. adopted (adj.) acquired as your own by free choice. Synonyms: adoptive. Antonyms: native. Synonym.com 2001-2015 ... Synonyms and antonyms for adoption ... the adopted child is entitled to all privileges belonging to a natural child of the adoptive parents (including the right to ...
- tribalisation, tribalization.